Friday, March 8, 2013

Sophie the Giraffe- what's all the hype about?? And other teething "magic!"

Do you own the worlds greatest teething toy?? We do! Actually we have owned 3! Long story but they are a baby must have! Did you know Sophie has a story and does much more for your little one other than make them drool? http://www.sophiegiraffeusa.com/story.html
Sophie has been around for over 50 years and is made from a rubber tree..No, that's not a typo, I said "rubber tree!". What makes Sophie so great and worth almost $20? Sophie was designed to stimulate your babies 5 senses at the age of 3 months from her spots to her texture to her smell! Still not a believer? They have sold over 30 million Sophie giraffes! All this awesomeness and I didn't get a free Sophie or a dime to brag about this cute little giraffe. I just know my daughter loves it and since she has been cutting molars she has loved having it to chew on!
There are so many other teething toys available for your little ones too. I don't think any of them are magic or have the ability to make teething go completely away but they make it a little bit more interesting and fun to deal with! How about chewing jewelry?? http://store.chewbeads.com/mobile/default.aspx#Home
These stylish necklaces and bracelets make teething fashionable.. No probably not but they are cute! They come in all different colors and fun shapes! They are also made of a natural rubber and safe for baby! Sitting in a restaurant, at the drs office or waiting at the DMV (who brings their kids to the DMV?!) these could come in handy! Another interesting fact about chew beads is they make junior chew beads.... for the older toddler who maybe has all their teeth but is still gnawing on their shirt collar or your couch? Or for the special needs child who bites to relieve stress or frustration. Who knew so many amazing things could come from rubber balls?!
One more amazing teething product is the infamous amber teething necklace! The most common thing I have heard about these is "does the baby chew on it?" Unlike the chew beads, no your baby does not chew it, she or he actually wears it. "What!" "Put a necklace on my baby!" Yes, a necklace for your baby. My daughter is 16 months and has been wearing an amber teething necklace since 4 months when I swore she was cutting teeth! We didn't pop our first until 10 months... They say they can teethe for months before actually cutting a tooth! At least she looked cute?! We purchased our necklace from http://hyenacart.com/stores/inspiredbyfinn/
And we love it! We purchased the sunshine one, its a polished light yellow. They say the lighter the stones the better. We also plan on getting her a bigger one and giving hers to her sister, who will yell at me later for all the hand me downs and I will say the infamous words I heard from my mother- "Money doesn't grow on trees". I will say we have cut all 4 first year molars with minimal sleep loss and a relatively happy girl. I am a believer and many mommas are too! How does it work? I suppose thats important to know.
When baltic amber is worn on the skin, the skin's warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber. These oils contain succinic acid and are absorbed into the skin.
All of these products are awesome and like I said they aren't magic! Teething still sucks and it will still cause problems and lack of sleep but with any of these it will be less likely you will lose your mind. The products are all natural and safe for your baby!







No comments:

Post a Comment